Custom Order For Jerald, Lamp Plinth Assembly
- Lamp plinth made from poplar wood and measuring 5 1/2" tall x 5" diameter at top x 5 1/8" diameter at base with the following:
- Sanded smooth and ready for painted finish.
- Center bored through for assembly to lamp.
- Base hollowed for installation over a rosette.
- Base drilled for 3 point mounting by 5/16" diameter doweling and 6-32 setscrews.
- Wood around doweling and setscrew holes treated for hardening.
- Mounting template/drill guide for location of dowel holes on mounting surface.
- 4 ea 6-32 x 3/4 black oxide set screws w/wrench
- 4 ea 5/16 x 2 doweling made from maple.
Following delivery, the customer finished the plinth with a special art-work applique, gold leafing and burnished the finished. It was then installed atop the staircase newel post with an antique Mercury lamp and wired for lighting - beautiful, simply beautiful.