Tools - Spindle Adapter for Wood Lathe
- Reduces a 1" x 8tpi wood lathe spindle to a 3/8" x 27tpi spindle.
- Eliminates the need for end trimming or finishing after a turning is removed from the lathe. Our spindle adapter allows for turning between spindles and with the tail spindle removed so nicer turnings are completed/finished on the lathe.
- Turnings can be removed from the lathe and reinstalled on center - allows for interrupted turnings to free up a lathe for other turnings or for turnings that require process sequencing on and off the lathe.
- Mounts wood turnings to the lathe with a metal-metal screw type attachment to withstand higher torque during turning and avoid the slippage common with metal-wood mountings.
- No setup or centering for the wood blanks is required, our wood blanks already have the sleeves installed, simply screw one on and it's ready to turn.
- The 3/8 x 27tpi spindle is a hollow spindle and allows longitudinal bore through up to 3/16" diameters for fitting specialty hardware or joining different woods.
- It's Renewable; if the 3/8" x 27tpi spindle should get damaged or worn it can be replaced easily with our replacement parts kit.